Are you suffering from aches and pains during your pregnancy or are you planning on getting pregnant in the near future? If so, now is the time to get checked by a chiropractor.
Chiropractic can help to restore correct pelvic biomechanics so your body is able to carry and deliver your baby with minimal stress. Many women learn to accept pregnancy discomforts such as, low back pain, leg pain, nausea, constipation, pubic pain etc, when in fact natural approaches such as chiropractic can help.
During pregnancy the body creates different hormones. One such is Relaxin, which helps to loosen the joints of the spine and pelvis, preparing your body for the delivery process. This loosening can create some instability within the spine, in turn affecting some ligaments and muscles, which is when you’ll start to experience some of the above mentioned discomforts.
Regular chiropractic adjustments during pregnancy can help to restore proper pelvic function. Thus, reducing symptoms of pain and discomfort for the mother.
SPINAL CARE TIPS DURING PREGNANCY
- When getting up from a lying position, don’t try sitting straight up. Instead, bend your knees, roll onto your side and push yourself up using your arms.
- Avoid one sided positions or repetitive movements. Move frequently.
- Remember to unlock your knees when standing.
- Avoid lifting older siblings, sit to hold/cuddle them.
- Let others carry heavy items for you.
- Keep pelvic floor strong with regular exercise.
- Focus on breathing deeply into the abdomen.
- Sleep with a pillow between your knees to take stress off your pelvis.
- Have regular massages and spinal checks by a chiropractor.
If you would like more information or would like to book an appointment at Neurohealth Chiropractic – please call the clinic on 9905 9099 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the contact form from our website www.neurohealthchiro.com.au
Sign up to receive Neurohealth’s Free monthly health newsletter on the Right Hand Side of this page. Filled with great information and lots of easy health tips to keep you at Optimal Health!